A small group of Grade 6 and 5 students were set a creative task today that focussed on developing their understanding of visual perspective. The purpose is for students to develop an understanding on how they can manipulate their surroundings so that the viewers perspective of the image is challenged. The students also needed to draw on their excellent ICT skills to get the final artefact completed.
This is how the task was set out.
- In groups of 3s or 4s, compose a perspective photograph.
- You can use props, landscape, their bodies and shadows.
- You have 20 minutes to take photos.
- It’s better to have one good photo, than a bunch of photos which aren’t successful.
- South oval and netball court only.
- 3 groups form 1 group to create a pic collage.
- Put their photos into pic collage.
- Edit them with effects, backgrounds, placement etc.
Below is some examples of finished products