In Term 4, Grade 5 and 6 students brushed-up on their Bucket Drumming skills to learn an arrangement of the percussion piece titled ‘Yuck’! They learnt the parts of the piece through ‘word phrases’ and played their parts using the correct ‘left and right’ sticking patterns. Here is an example of our arrangement!
Who knew buckets and chopsticks could be so musical! Grade 3 and 4 students participated in a series of workshops introducing them to reading drum notation. They then composed and notated their own rhythms and collaborated in small groups to arrange each of their individual rhythms together to make a whole composition. Here are some of our compositions!
In Term 4, Grade 1 and 2 students used movement, body percussion, speech and singing to help them learn the piece ‘Terracotta Pot’. This Orff-based unit encouraged experimentation with sounds and creativity. Students rehearsed and performed the song for the class. Red hot pot!!
Prep students learnt to sing the song ‘You Are My Sunshine’ and added actions to the song. Check out our fab singers!
UPCOMING MUSIC PERFORMANCE:
Senior Vocal Ensemble
Monday 18th November @ Assembly, 9am (weather permitting).
We hope to see you there!
Only 8 sleeps until…
• La Bellissima Festa will be held on the South Oval Astro Turf on Friday 25th October, at 5.00pm, weather permitting.
• A running sheet of performances will be posted around the school on the afternoon of the event.
• There will be a Costume Repairs & Returns, First Aid and OSHClub Pick Up located near the South Oval sandpit.
• Bring your own picnic dinner and blanket to sit on! If family members require the use of a portable chair, please set them up towards the edge of the audience to ensure everyone can see.
• Ball games will not be permitted on the South Oval.
• This is an alcohol-free event.
General Student SUPERVISION:
• Parents and Guardians must bring their children to the event wearing the costume specified in their class note.
• Parents must supervise their children throughout the event.
• Preps and Grade 1s must meet teachers outside the 6F & 6E portable classrooms near the Butterfly Garden at 4.45pm to prepare for the opening acts. All other students should sit with their families until they are called by the MCs to meet with their class behind the portables.
• Students will be called up prior to their performance time to meet outside the 6F & 6E portable classrooms near the Butterfly Garden and will be supervised by a teacher for the duration of their performance.
• Students will be supported by a staff member to find their parent/guardian on completion of their act.
Students attending OSHClub:
• If you plan to book your child into OSHClub on Friday 25th of October, they will be escorted by an OSHClub Leader to a meeting point at the South Oval sandpit at 4.50pm.
• At their class’ designated meeting time, OSHClub students will be escorted to the 6F & 6E portable classrooms and be supervised by a teacher for the duration of their performance.
• They must then return to the OSHClub Meeting point at the sandpit until they are picked up by their parent/guardian.
• Please speak to the OSHClub staff member when picking up your child from the South Oval sandpit so they can be signed off the roll.