A bit about me: Anna, the new art teacher!

I am so excited to be teaching art this year and to share my passion for this subject with students. As many of you will know I have been a classroom teacher at Bell Primary for four years. Running after school and holiday art workshops, painting a mural as an artist in residence at Fitzroy Primary and Loyola Collage, and being the volunteer and schools program coordinator at Seventh Artist Run Space in Fitzroy is just some of the previous experience that I bring to this new role.

Last year I traveled in the United States, Mexico, Central America and South America.  Some highlights included hiking in icy Patagonia, seeing a wild leopard in the Amazonian jungle in Bolivia and painting a large mural for a café as part as a work exchange. I also spent around a month in Oaxaca, Mexico which is known for it’s strong cultural heritage and I have drawn on this experience to plan this term’s Mexican Folk Art unit.

6 comments

1. Welcome back Anna! What an amazing trip, Viva Mexico!!

Can’t wait to see what the kids create this year.

Octavia (Maxie 1R, Lila 3W)

2. Hi Anna, so pleased I read this blog. Your travels sound amazing! Nina has told me all about Mexican folk art and her planned creation!
    Brooke

3. Wow what a trip and how lucky are our kiddies to benefit from your adventures and first hand experience gained in Mexico. Really looking forward to seeing what the students create in this unit.

Your murals sound wonderful. Would be great if we could support you in painting some murals around Bell in the future?

1. Thanks Bridget! I’d love to create some permanent / semi-permanent artwork around the school with input from students and families in the future. I’m focused on getting myself & students settled in this term – but watch this space!