MUSIC in 2017!

Welcome to Music at Bell in 2017.

I’m very excited about my move to the Specialist Team to take on the role of Music teacher this year. I already know many of you in the Bell community and have had the pleasure of teaching some of your children here over the past few years, but for those of you I haven’t met, allow me to introduce myself…

My name is Milica (pronounced ‘Mili-tsa’) and I am known throughout the school as Ms S. This is my fifth year teaching at Bell, previously in the classroom. I have an extensive background in music and performance and hold an honours degree in Music. I’ve performed, recorded and toured all around Australia and overseas – from dingy bars in London to the Sydney Opera House and Woodford Folk Festival. My first overseas tour was to Japan at the age of 16 years playing bass guitar. So you could say I have long had a passion for music! I have run the Grade 5/6 Band at Bell for many years and now look forward to further developing the school music program.

To get the year off to a good start, the music room has been revamped. Special thanks to P.E teacher Josh for his handyman skills. Here’s a sneak peek!

Music at Bell in 2017… we’re ready to ROCK!!!

9 comments

1. Ms S, you rock. I have heard so many renditions of the cup percussion ditty my Grade 3 has learnt. Do parents get treated to a whole class rendition of these amazing body percussion sets that you have taught? it would be amazing to watch I bet! My kids all love you (we all do), you are an awesome teacher, and particularly in music xx

1. Thanks Nicola. Glad the kids are excited about music and are sharing their learning at home too! I’ll have to see about a class cup orchestra though 🙂